Thursday, February 23, 2017
Authors Posts by SAMUEL DEBBARMA

SAMUEL DEBBARMA

86 POSTS 0 COMMENTS

by -
0 68
maxwell

Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell said on Friday that Australia’s upcoming four-Test tour of India would be a real test for every player.

Maxwell, who has played many Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises, said that they should improve their shot selection to tackle India’s spin attack.

When asked by cricket.com.au, Maxwell said “You`ve got to be adaptable, and you`ve got to be able to change your game almost mid-innings. So, it`s going to be a real test for everyone.”

maxwell

“Even for the Indian players, you watch them; they go through different stages of their innings from sweeping, to using their feet, to playing off the back-foot, they change all the way through their innings.”

He added, “Hopefully, we can do similar stuff and work on our play of spin because it’s going to be pretty key.”

Also Read: India vs England: Yezvendra Chahal done the trick for Captain Kohli in 3rd T20I

 Australian, 28-years-old all-rounder, who recently in New Zealand playing One-day International squad for the Chappell-Hadlee series, point out that each player has to prepare multiple strategies to be successful in India.

maxwell

Maxwell said “I`m not sure it`s a place you ever really feel comfortable. It`s a place where you`ve got to work so hard to get your runs, and you`ve got to have different strategies at different times of a game.”

Also Read: Kevin Pietersen warns Australia For Their Upcoming India Tour

He added, “That`s probably what I`ve learned, you can`t go in there with just one strategy and stick to it.”

The first four-Test will starts from 23rd February in Pune.

by -
0 80
roberto

Italian footballer Roberto Gagliardini might be playing for Juventus however. Instead, he will be coating up against the five-time Serie A champion on Sunday.

The 22-years-old Gagliardini get higher to prominence as one of the best stars of a young Atalanta team, which went on an impressive run in the first half of the season. His performances caught the eye of clubs in Italy and out of the country, Juventus said mostly interested before Inter Milan swooped in.

Internazionale midfielder Gagliardini said about surprised that come to Inter “I don’t know about that and I don’t care, what matters is that I’m here now. I didn’t even think about coming to Inter, I was happy at Atalanta. Then an Important offer came in from Inter and it was a positive deal. But I don’t know anything about Juve.”

According to the sources, Inter splashed out around 28 million euros ($30 million) on Gagliardini.

Also Read: FA Cup: United Enter Fifth Round After 4-0 Defeats of Wigan

It reportedly paid Atalanta 2 million euros for loan rights through June 2018, and another 23 million euros for Gagliardini’s full rights at the end of the season, plus 3 million more euros in eventual bonuses.

A lot of money for someone who was playing second-division football little more than a year ago, and who didn’t even make his Serie A debut until May.  Gagliardini progressed through the ranks at Atalanta but was loaned out to Serie B sides Cesena, Spezia, and Vicenza before returning to the Bergamo club at the end of January, last year.

roberto

His progression since Gian Piero Gasperini took over as coach in the offseason has been steep, and Gagliardini was given his first call-up to Italy in November, after only nine Serie A appearances.

“I’ve changed mentally under Gasperini. With him I’ve changed the concept about my game. Before it wasn’t really clear to me how to put my characteristics to the best use of the team. He was happy for me for the move to Inter, a bit less so for Atalanta,” said Gagliardini.

Gagliardini was thrown straight in at the deep end at Inter, making his debut just days after completing his move. And the midfielder didn’t wilt under pressure, with a man-of-the-match performance in a 3-1 win against Chieve Verona.

Also Read: England Professional Footballer ‘Frank Lampard’ Retires

Indeed, Gagliardini almost scored on his debut with three good chances, including a diving header which was kept out by an excellent save from Stefano Sorrentino. Gagliardini has been an ever-present, starting all three league matches since joining the Nerazzurri as well as the Italian Cup victory over Bologna.

He was an unused substitute in the quarter-final defeat to Lazio, which put an end to Inter’s nine-match winning run. Gagliardini said “I still have to improve a lot. I should be more clinical and believe in myself more. This year has been … maybe too quick growth. But now I will give everything to stay here.”

roberto

Next up for Gagliardini and Inter is a visit on Sunday to Juventus, which the Nerazzurri beat 2-1 in September.

“It’s my first match against Juve, certainly it’s a very difficult test. The Bianconeri are the strongest team in the league, but we’re going there to get a result. If we win, it will send a message to the rest of the league that we can be in the top three,” said Gagliardini.

Also Read: La Liga To Introduce Video Referees From 2018

Inter is fourth, three points behind third-place Napoli and five behind Roma. Napoli visits Bologna on Saturday, while Roma hosts Fiorentina on Tuesday. Juventus is nine points ahead of Inter.

“Whoever wins will feel closer to their aim. Ours at the moments in third place. Looking at the table we can fight for it with Roma and Napoli, but because we’re behind them it doesn’t just depend on us. The matches between us might allow us to overtake them,” he added.

by -
0 72
india

On Thursday, India has secured yet one more win in the T20 Cricket World Cup for Blind as India beat England by 10 wickets at the Ferozeshah Kotla stadium.

England decided to bat and scored 158 runs with all wickets out in 19.4 overs. Edward James Hossell scored 57 runs off 34 balls and Justin Hollingsworth scored 17 runs off 24 balls were England’s major contributors.

While in fielding Indian, Ketan Patel took two wickets, whereas, D. Venkateswara Rao, Jafar Iqbal, Sonu Golkar and Sunil got one wicket each.

india

While batting, India has reached the target in just 11 overs with Sukhram Majhi scoring an Unbeaten 67 not out off 32 balls with 12 boundaries and Ganesh Bahubhai Mundakar smashing an undefeated 78 not out of 34 balls.

Among the other matches of the day, New Zealand lost to Australia 172 by eight wickets in 10 overs (J.H. Dunn 52 not out, M.L.K. McCaskill 83). New Zealand (Ned Adam Charles Brewer Maiga 82 not out, Steffan Francesco Nero 41 not out).

Also Read: Check Out What Kohli Says About MS Dhoni, Ashish Nehra And Yuvraj Singh

South Africa 146 runs for five in 20 overs (Dominic Scott Adriaans 33, Sonwabile Bidla 57 not out, Buhle Bhidla 32, Sunil Rana Magar two for 26) lost to Nepal 149 runs for four in 17.3 overs (Sunil Rana Magar 38, Sunil Subedi Chhetri 46 not out).

india

Sri Lanka 164 runs for seven in 20 overs (Chandana Deshpriya 46) lost to Pakistan 165 runs for five in 17.2 overs (Badar Munir 49, Amir Ishfaq 36, Muhammad Akram 31, Suranga Sampath two for 25).

Also Read: India vs England: Jasprit Bumrah’s Technique Helps Captain To Make Plan

West Indies 195 runs for six in 20 overs (Kevin Andrew Douglas 112, Gregory Lee Stewart 57) lost to Bangladesh 196 runs for two in 19.4 overs (Tanzjlur Rahman 90 not out, Mahbubul Hasan Emon 52 not out).

by -
0 74
frank

England former and Chelsea midfield player Frank Lampard said that he was retiring on Thursday at the age of 38 after exiting down “a number of exciting offers” to continue playing.

Lampard brought to an end a 21-years-long professional career; he scored 10 or more Premier League goal in 10 successive seasons for Chelsea. He made his England debut against Belgium in the year 1999.

The 38-years-old retire England midfielder Lampard wrote on Facebook that “After 21 incredible years I have decided that now is the right time to finish my career as a professional footballer.”

Also Read: Tokyo 2020 Olympics Medals Likely To Make From Unused Mobile Phones

“Whilst I have received a number of exciting offers to continue playing at home and abroad, at 38 I feel now is the time to begin the next chapter in my life. I’m immensely proud of the trophies I’ve won, of representing my country over 100 times and of scoring more than 300 career goals,” he said.

Frank

Chelsea midfielder did not mention about the plan to do next. However, he stated that he was grateful to the Football Association for the opportunity to do his coaching badges.

He left New York City FC in the autumn season and played for West Ham United and Manchester City in the Premier League.

He scored 211 times for the Blues and won every club honor, mesh the goals in 2005 secured the club’s first championship title in 50 years.

Also Read: La Liga To Introduce Video Referees From 2018

“Of course, the largest part of my heart belongs to Chelsea Football Club, a club which has given me so many great memories. I will never forget the opportunity they gave me and the success that we managed to achieve together,” he wrote.

frank

“It is impossible to give thanks individually to all the people that helped and supported me in my 13 years playing there. All I can say is from the day I signed until now and going forward, I’m eternally grateful for everything and to everyone.”

Also Read: Chelsea Boss Conte Trust ‘hard hit’ Win Might Gust Liverpool’s Title Hopes

“Chelsea fans gave myself and my teammate’s such incredible support. Their passion and hunger drove me on personally to give my best year after year. I couldn’t have done it without them.”

by -
0 76
tokyo

The Olympics organisers of Tokyo 2020 wish for their game to memorized for being nature-friendly. The committee has announced that the medals at the game will be made from used electronics and mobile phones.

The move is not meant only promoting sustainability, but also at saving costs. The organising committee has request the Japanese public to donate unwanted cell phones and another electronic item to help to make 5,000 medals.

The plan is to collect 40kg of gold, 4,920kg of silver, and 2,944 kg of bronze, quantities the committee reckons will be boiled down into the 2,000 kg of metals needed to make the 5,000 medals to be awarded at the games.

Also Read: Sakshi Malik Says, She Want To Be Double Olympics Medallist Like Sushil Kumar

The Japanese carrier NTT DOCOMO is going to set recycling stations at 7,000 stores to capture the required kit.

tokyo

Tokyo 2020 sports director Koji Murofushi said that “A project that allows the people of Japan to take part in creating the medals is really good. There’s a limit on the resources of our earth, so recycling these things will make is think about the environment.”

America’s two-time Olympic champion and decathlon world record holder and recent retired Ashton Eaton said that every medal will now have its own story.

Also Read: Check Out: World’s Biggest Cricket Stadium Soon To Have In India

“The best part is that each citizen has a chance to contribute to the story, to raise awareness about a sustainable future and to make a unique contribution. And, most excitingly, they have a chance to be part of the Olympic journey.”

The collection box will be located in local offices, and telecoms stores, which starts from April until the metal required has been collected.

tokyo

Maybe Japanese people will put some old I-mode handsets into the recycling hoppers?

How Unused Electronics Recycling work?

Unwanted consumer electronics like tablets and smartphones gives small amounts of precious and rare earth metals, such as gold, silver, palladium, lithium, nickel, cobalt and platinum.

Also Read: Usain Bolt Returns 2008 Olympics Gold Medal

Scrap cars and home appliances like air conditioners and fridges have rarer metals, along with base metals like lead, zinc, iron and copper.

by -
0 72
virat

After India had hit England in all the three formats of the game on their tour of the country, Captain Kohli at present expressed about the recent series as an unforgettable one with lots of positives for the national cricket team going forward.

Kohli told after they beat England by 75 runs in the third and final T20I match in Bangalore. “It’s a memorable series win for us, the whole tour. It’s been a brilliant couple of months for the Indian team, going forward we know exactly what to do in each format.”

India defeats England at 4-0 in the five-match Test series, 2-1 in the three-game ODI challenge before confirming a 2-1 win in three T20I matches.

virat

Virat Kohli Honour his Senior Players MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh

Captain Virat Kohli respect to his top players Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh because of their help in limited over series.

The 28-years-old India’s captain said that “It’s not a bad thing when you have MS Dhoni behind the stumps and experienced guys like Ashu bhai (Ashish Nehra) and Yuvi pa (Yuvraj Singh).”

“I am new to limited overs cricket and they have been around long before me. I’m taking advice from them whenever possible, they’re so intelligent, a lot of credit goes to them.”

Also Read: Check Out A Hotel Waiter’s Advice Sachin Tendulkar To Improve His Bat Swing

Flattering Dhoni, Kohli said, “I wanted to send (Dhoni) up the order, he’s the one who says he’ll come in later, that will give the team better balance. Come the big game, even in the one-day series, series decider, he stepped up, and he stepped up again today. He is priceless.”

virat

Kohli said about Yuzvendra Chahal that “He (Chahal) knows these conditions (as he plays Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL), he knows how to bowl here, he knows the length. I have a lot of faith in him, and he plays with a lot of confidence. He has a lot of skill and he has the character as well.”

“Having two leg-spinners on a dry wicket, we always knew we would get a few chances. Mishy (Amit Mishra) started it, and then Chahal took five wickets in two overs. Mishra’s two overs and that one over from Jordan to Yuvi, that changed the momentum. It pushed us past 200, and that gave us the psychological advantage,” he added.

Also Read: Australian vs Sri Lanka: New Name As A Captain Of Kangaroos Team

When asked about the atmosphere of Chinnaswamy Stadium, Kohli said “Coming back here after a while, a long time since we played the IPL final here. The occasion demanded us to be at our very best. We lost all three tosses, similar to the Test series as well, and we’ve won all three series.”

by -
0 62
tebas

La Liga president Javier Tebas said that Video referees are likely to be used in Spanish soccer by the 2018 season 19 when it fully approved by FIFA.

The 54-years-old La Liga president speaks after Sunday’s match draw 1-1 between Real Betis and Barcelona, a game in which champions Barca appeared to have been without a clear goal.

The match video replays were showed that after Betis Cristiano Piccini sidetracked Aleix Vidal’s pass towards the goal that ball had crossed the line by around a meter before defender Aissi Mandi slid in and scrambled it away.

tebas

Tebas said to EI Pais that “The tests are already underway. We have been working on video referees for the last eight months.”

Tebas added saying that “We will be testing it from next season in La Liga. If FIFA finally approve it, we will starts using it from July 2018.”

Football’s law-making body IFAB accepted last March a two-year trial of the video assistant referee (VAR) system with access to replays to help match officials review critical decisions.

Also Read: Chelsea Boss Conte Trust ‘hard hit’ Win Might Gust Liverpool’s Title Hopes

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique feels that the official needs assistance. “The referees need help, whether it’s with cameras or whatever, for decisions that favour us or go against us. The technology can help us. I’ve already said that before,” said Coach Enrique.

tebas

Atletico Madrid President Enrique Cerezo said to Marca. Not everyone, but, is in favour of the technology, “I’m against video refereeing because it would break the essence of what soccer is,” Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo told Marca.”

“Referees make mistakes and get it right. There are times that those go in favour and others were they go against. I don’t see a problem with this,” he added.

Also Read: FA Cup: United Enter Fifth Round After 4-0 Defeats of Wigan

by -
0 58
sachin

Indian legend former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has exposed that he was always ready to help advice for good and it was a waiter’s who want a suggestion of legend cricketer Sachin on his batting technique.

Sachin Tendulkar reveals

On Monday, Sachin speaks after launching the ‘Sachin by Spartan’ range of sporting tackle and sportswear; Master Blaster said that a waiter in Chennai Hotel pointed out his flaw which limits his bat swing.

sachin

When asked by media reporters, Sachin said that “If you have an open mind you can develop so many things. In Chennai it was a waiter who came upto me and said if you don’t mind and don’t get offended I want to tell you something. I said go ahead. He said my elbow guard restricts my bat swing. And he was 100 percent right.”

Also Read: Australian vs Sri Lanka: New Name As A Captain Of Kangaroos Team

Master Blaster more added saying “I knew I was feeling uncomfortable but I never thought of doing it myself. A few years down the line I got hit a couple of times on my elbow guard and it hurt. That’s when I realised padding on elbow guard is inadequate. I instantly redesigned my elbow guard.”

sachin

“I needed to re-open it and work on it. Get the fibre and cushion on either side to absorb the impact. In our country everyone from panwala to CEOs will give you advice. But one should still be open about ideas,” the Master Blaster added further.”

When media asked Master Blaster about his retirement plans, he said “I had lot of injuries and there were some tough times. In 2005-2006 (in) one of the press conferences I was posted a question ‘so when are you going to retire?’ and best years came after that, the biggest thing in my life happened after that, the 2011 World Cup.”

Also Read: India vs England: Jasprit Bumrah’s Technique Helps Captain To Make Plan

The 43-years-old little master had scored record over 34,000 runs in his international career, which remain a world record.

RANDOM POSTS

Australia vs Sri Lanka

0 10
On 19th February, Australian team faced against the visitor Sri Lankan team on the second T20I. Of 2016/17 season that match was T20I no....