AB de Villiers is a South African awesome cricketer. AB de Villiers is widely regarded as one of the best batsman in the world at present and one of the greatest of all time. He is ranked first in the ICC One Day International and seventh in the Test batting rankings. AB de Villiers has earned the nickname “Mr. 360” due to his ability of being able to play shots all over the ground, with adjustable batting performance.
AB de Villiers was born on 17 February 1984 in Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa. His real name is Abraham Benjamin de Villiers. De Villiers nickname are ABD, The Best in the World, Superman and Mr. 360. AB de Villiers is a South African Wicket-Keeper batsman, South Africa One Day International captain and Test captain.
Childhood and Education:
De Villiers was born into a South African family of Afrikaans heritage. His father name is Dr. Abraham Benjamin de Villiers, a doctor of medical sciences. De Villiers studied in a public school in Pretoria. His schoolmates were future international cricketers Jacques Rudolph, Heino Kuhn and Francois du Plessis. As a child, de Villiers wanted to be a doctor like his father.
As a schoolboy, de Villiers played several sports apart from cricket, including golf, hockey, rugby, badminton, swimming and tennis. He also won Golf handicap from scratch, U19 National Badminton champion and was a member of South Africa junior Davis Cup Team. If that enough, he had excelled in academics too, having recited Pi and received a medal from the likes of Nelson Mandela, besides.
Early Career – AB De Villiers:
Multifaceted and immensely potential, ABD also shot to be known as the second fastest and the second youngest player from South Africa to have attained 1000 test runs after the likes of Graeme Pullock. Few would dare to dream success, matching ABD with his ingenious stroke play filled with nuances of pyrotechnical chutzpah and a seemingly condescending aura while batting.
He made his debut in 2004 against England. However for the second test he was not only brought down the batting order, but also made the wicket keeper. De Villiers is the fastest man to score a century and a half century (off 31 and 16 balls respectively) does not only has a lion’s heart, he is said to have lived with a pride of lions for a year. Yes, he lived with lions for a year. If ever anyone had a doubt about achieving a goal or a dream, they can take a leaf or two from AB’s book. If one man could do so many things with such finesse, he sure should be an inspiration for the whole world.
- Fastest fifty in One day International in 16 balls vs West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.
- Fastest hundred in One day International in 31 balls vs West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.
- Fastest hundred and fifty in One day International in 64 balls vs West Indies at Sydney Cricket Ground, Australia on 27 February 2015.
- Fastest player 8000 runs in One Day Internationals.
- He equaled the record of most sixes (16) in an innings in ODI format along with Rohit Sharma and Chris Gayle against the West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.
- He is the holder of a rather unwanted record for most ducks (4) in a particular ODI series (2007 Cricket World Cup). He shares this record with Greg Chappell and Kyle McCallan.
- He holds the record for the most sixes in Cricket World Cup (37 sixes) along with Chris Gayle.
- He is the leading run scorer for South Africa in Cricket World Cup.
- He scored 34 runs in an over which is the third highest in ODIs.
- He scored the fastest T20I fifty by a South African (21 balls).
|Competition||Test||ODI||First Class||List a Cricket|
|Runs scored||8, 074||8, 621||9, 961||9, 958|
|Batting average||50. 46||54. 56||49. 80||53. 53|
|Bowling average||52. 00||28. 85||69. 00||28. 85|
|5 wickets in innings||0||0||0||0|
Apart from sports and studies, the accomplished sportsman had made a striking impact in the music industry too. His album “Maak Jou Drome Waar” (make your dream come true) that was released with Ampie du Preez had topped the national music charts.
De Villiers is a devoutly religious man. He mentioned that the Bible is his favorite book. He is married to Danielle de Villiers (Swart). They have a son in 2015. He tweeted that their son had been named Abraham after himself. He is a self professed Manchester United fan, and a great admirer of Ryan Giggs and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. His favorite sportsman is Roger Federer and he loves listening to bands like Snow Patrol and Collective Soul. His favorite film is Gladiator. He also once mentioned that he’d love to be a doctor, but regretted the chance of not being able to study medicine.
Hope you all like this article about the Biography of AB De Villiers. If you want more information then stay connects with us.
Also, check it out: